Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Bones!

September 5
I know every girl thinks her dad is the best but in this case it happens to be true! Me and my dad go a long way back now and no matter what stage of my life I remember with him, it's all been good. He was my prince charming and the first man I planned on marrying. He's also been my go-to guy when monsters and burglars kept me awake at night and my favorite deep sea fishing buddy every summer. My love of cars, my love of horses and my love of good food all stem from him, from the days of drag-racing, signing me up for riding lessons (instead of my idea of having my own horse I could keep in the garage and promised to ride every day down at Highlands school track), and his next-to-expert skills in the kitchen and on the barbecue! My sense of right and wrong and good old fashioned honor were learned not just from his words but his every day example he sets, right to this very day. And no matter how far, or how long I am away from him, I thank the heavens that it was he who became my dad and I his daughter. I LOVE YOU DADDY AND WISH YOU ALL THE GOODNESS YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW. If my kids one day feel that I have just 1/10 the inspiration and love I feel from you I will be damn proud and know it all stems from the greatness that is YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONES, JOE-JOE, DADDY, PAPA-JOE, BELLS Jr. the great! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment