Friday, September 25, 2009

Family

Aunt Dee is finally here. We've been counting down the days and now I find we're almost halfway through our visit. Being away from family, which in our world consists of much more than just blood relations, is the down side to this exciting traveling life we are living. And when you get one of them in your grasp, you just don't want to let go. I'm still aching from my way too short July with Tara. And I'm not even sure when I get to see Lolly again. But today we have Jacqueline Jeanne here with her 24 hour smile,and her up-for-anything 'tude and I am "home." I want to savor every second. I now know that she volunteers two days a week for Meals on Wheels and she has a goal to visit one new country a year but most importantly I know that she loves her life. She gives unconditionally in love and friendship and expects nothing less in return. She is a devoted daughter and a Mets fan. Okay, so aside from the Mets thing she's pretty much perfect :) We'll miss her soon enough, but for today, she's all ours. I love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment