Friday, September 11, 2009

Brother can you spare some blood?

So I tried to do the right thing today and donate blood at the 9/11 commemerative blood drive organized here in Nicosia - but they wouldn't take me. Turns out you can't donate blood for one year after receiving blood transfusions. But that was exactly why I wanted to donate...I owe this blood bank some serious bags o' blood. I think it was like 5 bags that coursed through my veins the day after I had Arianna (no need to re-visit that whole story). And it was that blood, that beautiful crimson Cypriot blood - that finally stabilized me after a long, long night. I've never donated before, and its like so many other things in life you take for granted, until you desperately need it you just don't realize what a very simple act of giving can make. So thank you to all that have donated before, and thank you for all that will go and do it after reading this, and thank you, thank you Michael for doing it today. I'll be making my deposit May 23, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment