Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 5 - Energy

Turn it off and unplug it. I've been telling people forever to unplug their cell chargers once they're charged...don't let them just sit in the wall drawing energy when they aren't doing their job. And I'd get those looks, like, whatever...but now they actually have a term for what you're doing...a phantom draw of energy...small, but still senseless really. And that goes for all of your appliances and gadgets you are not using but keep plugged in. Here in Cyprus we have switches next to our outlets so you can actually switch off the electricity right at the plug when not in use. No biggie, just takes a second. The other wonderful thing I've noticed here is that almost every house has solar panels. I can not understand why that is not a universal way of life. Especially in the sunnier climates...can anyone please explain that to me...its not that expensive and makes so much sense.
Oh and since Jennie is pointing out all her wonderful carbon free ways, I'd like to remind her that her computer does run on electricity...

No comments:

Post a Comment