Thursday, May 13, 2010

Through the eyes of an 8 year old

A couple of years back, we bought Mikayla a Fisher Price digital camera - which turns out to be one of the best gifts she ever got.  At first she took lots of pictures of stuffed animals and her favorite television personality - Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisperer.   I didn't realize that she had moved on to more interesting subjects until yesterday, when her battery started running low, and I had to download the pictures before they were lost forever.   For a little kid's camera I must say I'm pretty impressed.  The teeny screen on the camera reveals very dark and grainy photos, but once they were downloaded I realized I've got a budding photographer on my hands.  My favorites here are the two chairs out in the backyard and the one of Max with his big ol' cheeks resting on the floor.   The way she got down on the ground at face level is genius!  Of course I was delighted to find we now had a few more priceless pictures of our beloved Cadie girl as well.  The basil plant seedlings made me realize how much of the natural world she has been exposed to and has developed an appreciation for.  I've been thinking about upgrading to a more semi-professional camera for some time now and had decided I would start taking some photography lessons too.  Seeing these photos has cinched the deal for me for sure.  Not only will I upgrade, but I may not have to look any further than Mikayla to get the most valuable lessons on viewing and capturing life - through the eyes of a child.

1 comment: