Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Decisions

As the weather grows warmer these last few days, I find myself torn between heading to the mountains or out to the sea.  In fact, I sadly had to decline an offer to go on a wreck dive the other day in spite of all this indecision.  You see, I had to wait for my first delivery of packing boxes instead, a fact that makes me want to jump in the car and take a long road trip immediately.  I've got a serious case of wanderlust brewing and I've got it bad!  There are still  a handful of monestaries and wineries that beg to meet me on a much needed day trip.  I still have to catch a glimpse of the elusive goat-like creature they call a Mouflon in the foothills of the island and the turtles will be returning to the beaches in the next few weeks.  I'm sure I accepted their offer to meet under the light of the next full moon and cheer them on as they find the perfect nesting site of the season.  Yes, soon enough we will be living from our suitcases again, as new chapters of our lives are begging to be told, but this epic journey is not over yet, and I've got a full tank of gas and an empty memory card on stand-by.  I've got an archaeological dig planned, and the next few Saturday mornings I will attempt to perfect my new found skill of pole jumping (not dancing!!!) on one of my favorite horses - Sparky.  We've got Mikayla's first holy Communion this weekend, and I will make my final debut working as the temporary Community Liason Officer while the "real McCoy" is away next week.  The calendar is filling up - just the way I like it.  And in all honesty, no, I am not ready to move on yet, but it is out of my hands.  I'm going to do what I do best and enjoy every damn waking second I can!  So stay tuned for a lot of great photos and stories as we wind down and prepare to move on.  I hope you find yourselves in the throws of just as many good times as the days get longer and the nights stay warmer.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment