Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Full Moon today

When I was pregnant my sister Sandi sent me an amazing book entitled " Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful: Experience the Natural Power of Pregnancy and Birth with Kundalini Yoga and Meditation"   Since then I've become a big fan of Kundalini Yoga.  Just last night I was re-reading a chapter from the book (no, I'm not pregnant, just wanted to brush up on some meditations) and one in particular jumped out at me.  It was a meditation for world peace and healing.  I usually do meditations at night, when the house gets quiet, and quite a few times I have even fallen asleep right in the middle of one.  Not last night though.  I actually saw this bright purple/blue light that grew larger and larger inside my head as I repeated the healing mantra and felt like I could sit there forever sending and receiving love.  I guess its what many may call the peace within and I tapped into it.   I was so excited !  I finished up with a prayer to all I love and fell fast asleep.  When I woke up this morning I had faint whispers of a dream last night that had something to do with Buddist secrets being shared with me.  Then the alarm went off and I went into mommy-mode... making breakfast, packing lunch and getting Mikayla on the bus and off to school.  After that I  grabbed my coffee mug, opened up my computer and found an email waiting for me which was an invitation from a friend to join her and others today in a full moon meditation. Apparently, in some circles it is believed that Buddha descends from His high place during the full moon in the month of April to bestow spiritual blessings on the world .  WOW!  I don't know exactly what it all means, but I do love synchronicities like these and I do believe in the power of prayer and good intention.  So join me today (or tonight) under the bright full moon and send this planet some much needed blessings and of course, save some for yourself and all of those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment