Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My first baby

I've been daydreaming all day about Tara's arrival 25 years ago. All 7lbs 2oz of pure love. I remember my mother dragging me out to the store about a week after she was born to buy some food and how I cried in the supermarket because I wanted to get back home to my baby. Same with the first time she went off to kindergarten and then sleep away camp (which was only a week). Most parents can't wait to get away from the kids for a little holiday. Not me, I knew these times were precious and made sure every vacation included both her and Ryan. That's what retirement was all about, right? Well, I'm not ready to retire quite yet, but I'm still crying every time we part and still plan my vacations with her in mind. If I could keep her with me forever I would. We are mother and daughter yes, and I know it sounds cliche', but we are truly the best of friends. I am blessed to have such an amazing relationship with my daughter, she is my blood, a part of my essence, a slice of my soul. Her beauty astounds me and her grace is one of her greatest virtues. She has taught me just as many lessons in life as I have her. I am so bummed that I am not with her today to celebrate every day that she has been a part of my life, but I know that she is surrounded with love and luckily I am not the only one who realizes her greatness. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FIRST BABY GIRL. I love you to the moon and back again my sweet Tara! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. So lovely, I wish that I could express myself as well. Just know that her family here in the States are doing their best to make up for you not being here to celebrate Tara's 25th Birth day with her.She definitely knows your love, you did an incredible job raising her. Kodoos to you. Happy Birthday to you too for your two girls. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tara...wow 25? I remember my my calling me up and telling me you were pregnant and she was so happy for you and I remember meeting her for the first time in your apt in WP..she was running around in her little diaper with those cute pig tails. When I hugged her when I met her for the first time as a adult, she hugged me like she always new me. What a wonderful woman she has turned out to be...and what a wonderful mom she had as a role model. Kisses and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Momma!!! Thank you for all of your thoughts and love on my birthday and for your beautiful words! How I wish that we could have been together to celebrate too, but I was luckily surrounded by Lots of wonderful people! I love you so much and can't wait to see you and celebrate then! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU to the moon, sun, and stars- then back! x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete