Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mikayla's celebrates today

So, seventeen years and one day later I had my second baby girl. She was due on March 5, but as fate would have it, she did not come. The labor started on Tara's birthday and rather than jumping in the car and rushing to the hospital, I called the doctor and told her that this baby was going to have to wait. I was busy making Tara's cake! My water broke and I grabbed the paper towel roll and stuffed my pants with a big wad of padding, sat my ass on the stool and continued to decorate that cake. I was actually crushed! I will never forget Tara's face when she walked through the door to find out the news. My heart was breaking into a million pieces for her and I think we both cried for a million different reasons. We were going to be a new family soon and there were still a lot of raw emotions behing all of this. But as I mentioned, Tara handled it with grace and composure as I packed up my things and headed out the door. Labor progressed normally at first but in the end she just wouldn't come and early the next day the doctors decided it was time to get her out via C-section. I remember the night nurse rubbing my face and telling me that it was past midnight and it was okay, I could let this new baby out now, she would be having her own special day. As the sun was just rising they rolled me down the hall and within fifteen minutes my little Mikayla Reanne was here. At that moment, I couldn't imagine the world without her. The first thing I saw were those little purple little feet and then I heard that first cry. There she was, lying across my chest, a perfect little angel. Mikayla is so lucky to have such an amazing big sis, and the same can be said for Tara. A little sister to love and adore you is a lifetime reward! And as cool as they are to share such happiness just one day apart, I still want to be sure they both know just how special each of them are to me in their own separate ways. Thank you both for choosing me to be your mom - it is really me who is the lucky one! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MIKAYLA - MIK-DOODLE, MIKI-D, and as Mimi liked to call you Trixie D. Your laughter is contagious, your smile melts my heart and I love you forever!!! Your timing was perfect as I see now, and your existance is a gift to this world. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Mikayla, Happy Birthday To you! I love you so much and miss you..Shaker

    ReplyDelete