Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Egypt

Just a few days ago I was standing among the last of the intact ancient wonders of the world.  These great structures have withstood the passing of so much time and their exact locations are still being studied as to what they actually represented aside from a burial site for the kings.  The air is electrifying - the buzz of your high stays with you long after you have walked away. I wanted to stay there forever, to watch the sun pass over its horizon until the night came and the sky filled with stars. But we had so much more to see and do in such a short time.  I like to know that my footprints will remain, forevermore; my hands have touched and run across the stones that were precisely set to erect such beauty, and my mind's eye has burned permanent images inside me that allow me to be there in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment