Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What its all about

I've been promising myself for months now that I'd find the time - and the energy - to start my very own blog and today is officially the day - welcome! I've been so grateful for our overseas adventures but so many precious moments get lost in the day to day grind - until now. My favorite story from July is definitely the funniest. Tara and Gary came to visit and also spent a few days down at the beach. We drove them down and stayed for a couple of hours to enjoy the warm summer night at the outdoor bar. I was telling a story, gesturing with my hands to give it the right oomph, when suddenly I flicked a bug into my hair - or so I thought. Suddenly there was this frightening feeling that the bug was actually in my ear and not my hair but how the hell could it have made it past that mass of thickness AND my outer ear thingie? Sure it enough it starts flapping inside my head and I'm like..."Tara there's a bug in my ear"...first at a pretty calm level of holy shitness, but quickly moving into a crazy frenzy of THERE'S A MOTH IN MY EAR! I should mention I've got baby Arianna in my lap half asleep so I can't jump up and shake my head yet. Within seconds though I'm tossing her into Tara's lap and opening the "thingie" in my ear for Tara to inspect. "No mom, there's nothing in there" she says with a laugh. So I sit still and decide I've got water in my ear from swimming and I'm just being paranoid, but then the fluttering and flapping goes insane. Gary is looking at me like I'm crazy by now and Mike and Mikayla are staying over at the pool table a few feet away pretending they no longer know me because the whole bar now knows I have a bug in my ear. I leap over to Gary and open my ear to him and he looks inside..."Holy shit! You do have a bug in your ear Lys!" Okay I'm not crazy...at that thought, the damn moth flies out of my ear straight up to the lights above and Gary tells me that that big ass moth up there was the one in my ear! It must have had to do a full 180 just to get itself back out - you can not imagine what kind of noise that can make in your head. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell it got in there and more importantly, why? I do know I'm glad I clean my ears every single day and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in there long enough to lay any babies...I hope. So, the point is, keep your ears clean lest the wax trap uninvited visitors in your head and smile big and pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment