Sunday, January 10, 2010

Poetic..or rather...Musical justice

When I started blogging I made a pact with myself to keep it light and find a way to bring, if not laughter, at least a smile to my face and yours. There's already enough "buzz kills" in this world, we don't need blog sites with a bunch of rants and raves out there since the world is already full of news stories giving us bad news daily. That being said, I've been thinking long and hard on how I could make a personal statement to the airlines that Tara flew out on this last trip to see us. I was so disgusted in her story, and as it turned out, many more people I know who experienced real crappy service during the holidays. So... when I got this email about this guy Dave who found a creative solution to make his voice heard I knew I had to post it right away.  Airlines are taking more and more money, giving us less room (I swear the seats are stacked twice as close as they used to be), less luggage and weight allowances and WAY less customer service, and we're bitching and moaning to each other, but not making them change a thing.  The longer we allow it, the more it will continue to happen and I am not happy about it. Are you? Let's all be more like Dave and sound off in the best way we know how. Tara, this one's for you.
BTW - TARA DID NOT FLY OR HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH UNITED, but Dave did!
United Airlines and The Guitar

This is a true, and wonderful, story....

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar.

During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for YouTube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded : "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on YouTube. The video has since received over 6.8 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo&feature=channel

1 comment:

  1. LOVE ITTT!!! and love you- Thanks for being the BEST Momma in the world! x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete