Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why I love Halloween

Halloween, what's there not to love? No pressure to cook, clean, buy gifts or any other nonsense...its just a day (or two or three) of pure and sometimes hysterical fun!  I've never missed one yet and when I think back to my earliest Halloween memories the first person to cross my mind is the fabulous and most certainly known in our circles as the -Queen of Halloween - Aunt Cat.  Cauldrons of dry ice, haunted houses and hayrides are all but a few of the many great memories I have with her.  I still have every Halloween decoration she's ever given me and when the rest of the world has forgotton how nice it is to actually get a card in the mail, it never slips past Aunt Cat. Early October came and so did the annual card - the official kick off of Halloween for me.  We did a lot of different things this year and my fears of my little girl missing out on the great excitement of trick-or-treating  was quickly forgotton when I just let it go and enjoyed what we did have instead.  It does make me sad that she doesn't have Aunt Cat close by to make more Halloween memories, but I'm doing my darndest to carry on the traditions best I can.  Here's to you Aunt Cat - Happy Halloween!!!  And to all my other ghouls and guys out there, hope it was as fun as ever!

BTW - in keeping with the green theme this year, Mikayla and I used costumes we already had :) Just when you thought I'd let it go for a day....ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment